- All individuals should have the opportunity to live autonomous and socially responsible lives
- Respect is given to the individual and common humanity of all people
- Relationships shall be carried out without discrimination on the basis of religion, race, colour, creed, disability, nationality, socio-economic status, gender, age, sexual preference, or any other form of diversity
- Physical, psychological and social violence and oppression are opposed
- Individuals are encouraged to be aware of their relationship to the world around them, and to choose effectively their own responses and be responsible in their behaviour
- These values and subsequent actions are to enhance the well-being of individuals and society
EMCC aims to conduct its activities in ways that reflect the values listed above and the practices listed below.
In order to achieve this for EMCC as a body, we also expect our members and member organisations, and any employees, consultants, advisers or suppliers working with us, to likewise conduct their activities in ways that reflect the same values and follow the same practices.
- We avoid knowingly discriminating on any grounds
- We constantly seek to enhance our own awareness of possible areas of discrimination
- We aim to challenge in a supportive way any colleagues, employees, service providers, clients or participants whom we perceive to be using discriminatory behaviour
- We monitor our language, both spoken, written and non-verbal, for inadvertent discrimination
- We engage in developmental activities that are likely to increase our self awareness, especially in relation to diversity
This policy is subject to continual review in order to maintain its currency.
With acknowledgements to the International Transactional Analysis Association.